Our headwear is plated in Australia to the highest standard available.
- Plated pieces are delicate jewellery items. Care should be taken when cleaning plated jewellery to protect the layer of gold, rose gold or platinum from being worn away.
- Avoid your plated headwear from coming into contact with hairspray or perfumed lotions. Either cover the headband when spraying the hair, or allow the hairspray to dry before placing it on and clean immediately after use. The hairspray will react with the plating and cause it to wear off.
- Avoid direct contact with water (salt or fresh), excessive perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, detergent and lotion. Excessive light, heat or moisture will deteriorate the quality of plating on the metal. Exposing plated headwear to water will cause the plating to disintegrate or wear off.
- Store away in a box or keep it wrapped up. A great way to keep your headwear shiny for longer is in a ziploc or grip-seal bag.
- To clean plated headwear wipe lightly your plated piece with a damp cotton cloth to remove surface dirt or dust. Be sure it is completely dry before storing the headwear again.
- Do not use a silver cloth or abrasive compounds i.e. baking soda to clean the plated headwear.
- Our pieces are delicate and we take no responsibility for careless wear or storage.